You can learn how to write a great social media profile by following these 7 simple steps:
- Size your photo properly to each social media site.
- Use your keywords.
- Remember to use hashtags.
- Write the length for each social media site.
- Link to your website(s).
- Remember WIIFM.
- Be consistent.
Part of what Ramajon Cogan and I are teaching you to do here at What Is Social Media Today is how to play the Game of Social Media for fun and profit.
When you play an actual game like Monopoly, one of your first steps is to pick a game piece that will represent you as you play. You could be the thimble, the wheelbarrow, the Scottish terrier, the battleship, the shoe or the car.
You know where you are on the game board by spying your game piece and other players come to know you through this representation of your identity.
Creating your social media profile is part of what you need to do for you, your products, books, business and services to become well known.
It’s a key component of your social media strategy.
Here are 7 simple steps you can follow to create a great social media profile:
- Size your photo properly to each social media site. Realize that each major social media site has different size requirements for your photos. Follow the recommendations at this link when you size your bio photo. Because you want to be consistent, I recommend you use the same or similar headshot throughout your social media sites and simply resize it depending on each site’s requirements. That way people will recognize you from one site to another.
- If you have been following our recommendations for our program here at What Is Social Media Today, you have spent some time to figure out your keywords. A keyword helps you get found through the search engines. This is the word or phrases, also known as a long tail keyword, that helps the people who need your information find you through Google and other search engines. Use your top keyword or keywords in your profile.
- Members of our program have developed their hashtags. A hashtag helps you get found through the social media. You use a pound sign in front of a hashtag. When people are searching for specific words or phrases through the social media, hashtags help you get discovered. Use the hashtag pound sign symbol in your profile.
- Remember that each social media site has specific requirements on how long your profile can be. Twitter, 160 characters. Facebook, between 160 and 255 characters. Google+, 10 words in your tagline, no limit in your introduction. LinkedIn, 200 to 1500 characters.
- Include a link to your website or websites so that people who are fascinated by your posts can link back to your business and become your raving fans and clients.
- Remember WIIFM, What’s In It for Me? As you write your social media profile, think from the point of view of a potential customer. What can you say about yourself that will let people know how your business, books, products or services can help them?
- Be consistent. By creating consistent profiles across your social media platform, you will begin to build your brand identity and create a unique digital social signature.
Interested in learning how to create an integrated social media strategy to propel your business to the next level?
Please call Catherine Carrigan 678-612-8816 or email email@example.com.
Or sign up with Ramajon Cogan at (928) 821-4553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We still have one spot left at our introductory rate of 44 percent off. We’ll teach you how to play the Game of Social Media for fun and profit through a combination of 20 webinars, 12 one on one sessions and game playing with others.